T-Town-Tart

Stories of my crazy college days in T-Town.

In case you wondered....

So, I got a couple questions about my hair last week. I thought I'd explain. So, the lady who does my hair is hilarious and awesome and I love her. She cut my hair like a little over a week ago. It was good. I had her "touch up" my highlights a couple days later. I had gotten sort of caramel colored highlights in my hair during the summer, and they were pretty grown out. She did them the first time and I was really happy. They were bold and bright for the summer. I just wanted her to add some to cover up my roots.
The highlights turned out BLONDE. Not toffee, BLONDE. On my almost black hair. Also, there were too many- like the entire top layer of my hair. I was like, oh well maybe if I wait a few days I will get used to it and like them. No such luck. Highlights were Saturday, and I fixed my hair Monday night. I asked all my female relatives what to do, and they suggested using a little bit darker dye to fix it. I just got some semi-permanent medium brown hair dye and put it all over (it didn't change the color of my dark hair). Ah! Relief! Hair was toned down and much better better for this time of year.
I know I probably should have told the hair lady to fix it, but I didn't want to wait a few days for an appointment, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I'm a big pushover, and I don't like complaining. I'd rather deal with it myself. It's uncomfortable, and I'm not a fan of confrontation. However, I am working on standing up for myself (see locksmith post below!). Yay for being brave!

0 comments: