T-Town-Tart

Stories of my crazy college days in T-Town.

T-Town-Tart?

So, since I've started the blog, I've gotten quite a few funny looks and questions about my blogging name. T-Town-Tart. "What does it mean?" "Why did you pick that?" "That's a weird screen name..." I thought the meaning of my screen name was fairly obvious, and sort of clever (alliteration anyone? I love my literary devices). Anyways, I was messing around on the internet, and decided to google the word "tart." Here's what I got:

  • A promiscuous woman or a woman who dresses in a sexually provocative way, or a prostitute. See also Tart with a heart. (Wikipedia)
  • 1 : agreeably sharp or acid to the taste- tart apple. 2: marked by a biting acrimonious or cutting quality. (Merriam-Webster)
  • Tart: (Dictionary.com)
    • a small pie filled with cooked fruit or other sweetened preparation, usually having no top crust.
    • a covered pie containing fruit or the like.
    • Slang. a prostitute or promiscuous woman.
    • tart up, Slang. to adorn, dress, or decorate, esp. in a flamboyant manner: The old restaurant was tarted up to look like a Viennese café.
  • And finally, from UrbanDictionary.com :
    • A nubile young temptress, who dresses teasingly and provocatively, as in "Man, look at that mini-skirt and those knee-high boots! What a tart!"
  • Oh, and this picture which I thought was hilarious:

Anyways, obviously I meant the top one. The cutting, biting, sharp, attitude one. I have attitude. I am not a "hooker with a heart of gold" as wikipedia suggests. So, I hope that clears it up for anyone who was wondering. I know my vocabulary words, and I didn't accidently pick the word, not knowing what it means. I just picked the lesser known meaning of the word. Oh, and I live in T-Town, so it makes sense. :)

5 comments:

WritersHairClip said...

Awesome. I like the definition, it's edgy. I was looking through the blogs and I am like T-town tart has to be that one behind me with the mac. So it fits you (in a positive light)lol.
Thanks for the blog skin link. Poor mr.Fry. Now he has to go through pretty looking blogs to find assignments lol.
luv, Monica

WritersHairClip said...

Hey well actually, I recently left the Newspaper for the Tahoma West.
Either publications are great though. They actually have $250 to $500 a qaurter stipends for staff reporters or editors.
Totally get involved though, it's a great idea. The time commitment isn't as terrible as one mighty imagine. If you email the lead editor for the Ledger. You could get on board there? Just look for the Ledger online through UWT's website

WritersHairClip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WritersHairClip said...

ledger@u.washington.edu for the Newspaper. ALexis, the lead editor should respond.
tahomaw@u.washington.edu for the Tahoma West.
Be sure to get on their mailing list just becuase.
~Monica

Droid116 said...

I enjoy going through these fancy blogs with their fancy skins.